School is about to start and that means no more laid back take your time mornings. It means homework, baths, hair brushing, getting dressed, and FOOD PREP! So we all need some FAST breakfast ideas. I'll share what we do and then you share some things you do. It takes a village right?!
- 2 cups frozen fruit (mango, banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, pineapple, melon, raspberries)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup plain full fat Kefir
- 2 Tbs ground flax seed
- handful of ice
- 1/2 cup of water
- raw egg (if you get your eggs from a really quality source)
Blend and drink on the way
Bacon and Banana's
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 banana sliced with cinnamon sprinkled on top
Quick Tip: Cook 2-3 packages of bacon over the weekend for various uses during the week.
4-6 farm fresh eggs scrambled in melted (1-2 Tbs) butter or bacon grease (serves 2)
Quick Tip: Cook 1 dozen eggs over the weekend to portion out over the week.
Gluten Free Buttery Oatmeal
*every once in a while : )
- GF Oat packet
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 1 Tbs chopped walnuts/pecans
- 1 Tbs grass-fed Unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Honey (optional)
Mix the packet with flax seed, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Use packet to determine amount of water (may use a tiny bit more since you're adding some flax and nuts). Mark has gotten to where he can just "eyeball" it. Cook for about 90 seconds. Put in butter and stir it in while it melts.
Quick Tip: Mix dry ingredients together in individual snack size ziplocks