The majority of liver recipes online are pretty labor intensive -- much like the recipe a little lower down on this page. Lots of prep work. Lots of clean-up. I couldn't find much in the way of crock pot recipes. So I made up my own -- nothing revolutionary, but it works.
- 1 pound of liver - cubed
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 yellow onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup cruciferous veggie - chopped (carrots, celery, bell pepper, etc)
- Dump in a crock pot (I use a baby crock pot -- single serving for me) cook for 6 hours
My little crock pot only has one setting. I love it and use it nearly every day.
I also thrown in spices for whatever mood I'm in. I've used cayenne pepper, basil, cacao, garlic powder -- the sky is the limit. Be careful not to overcook it or the liver will get squishy.
I also did beef heart in place of the liver in this recipe, and it worked great.