- Far left: medium to small sized spaghetti squash (which makes quite a large amount but it's super low in calories - 1 cup has about 80 calories) topped with cooked tomatoes and cooked mushrooms (I cooked the veggies in some water and a little bit of red wine vinegar).
- Small glass bowl: pinto beans we slow cooked on Monday - topped with a spoonful of jalapenos
- Small white bowl: homemade hummus - hemp seed, tahini (2 tbsp each), garlic powder, 1 can of no salt added garbanzo beans, juice from 1 lemon (ate about 3/4 of it)
- Bigger white bowl: raw broccoli crowns (I didn't eat the whole bowl)
- Salad - mixed greens, tomato, red onion, celery, sunflower seeds, walnuts, 1/2 avocado
- Dessert - strawberries, shared the 16 oz container with the girls
'Simply Human -- Daily' will direct you to a detailed account of my personal journey (SHL stands for Simply Human Lifestyle). The 'Simply Human Kids' page is info on how I get my kids to eat, move, sleep and enjoy like humans. Check out 'Food 4 Thought' for some more "meat" on the subject of being Simply Human or just look at the bottom of the left sidebar for my favorite stuff. And I'm always open to tips or suggestions so don't hesitate to leave a comment or email me on the Contact page. Thanks!